Shirdi Sai Baba Temple in Ahmednagar
People of Ahmednagar feel very proud and privileged that they reside in the proximity of some of the most sacred religious temples of this country, the famous Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, which is located in a small town of Shirdi, some 85 kms away from Ahmednagar city. While there are many Sai Baba temples across the country, but the Sai Baba Temple in Shirdi is considered the most auspicious one by all Sai Baba devotees. As it was in the small town of Shirdi that Sai Baba had lived all through his life and spread his universal teachings of love and harmony. Today his spiritual aura still lingers in Shirdi town and more so in this humongous temple complex where his huge size idol and samadhi resides.
Today people of Ahmednagar district indeed feel very blessed that such a great soul had lived and died in their region. However, over the decades the spiritual aura of Shirdi Sai Baba Temple has crossed all the regional and national boundaries. As today the temple is not only visited by devotees from Ahmednagar district or India, but also by devotees living outside India. On any given day approximately 20,000 devotees visit the Shirdi Sai Baba Temple and on auspicious religious days the number of devotees zooms to over 1 lakh.
And as for Shirdi Sai Baba Temple Complex itself is concerned, it is obviously very beautiful and huge. The entire temple complex is spread across 200 sq. mtrs. It consists of main samadhi temple and other places where Sai Baba had spent considerably important time during his lifetime.
Below is complete information and detail of Sai Baba Temple Complex
- Samadhi Temple: This is the main temple of the entire temple complex. It is where the samadhi of Sai Baba and his huge idol is placed.
- Khandoba Temple: A very simple and highly unassuming temple, but at this very temple Baba had believed to have acquired the famous name ‘Sai’ and from there on was known as Sai Baba for the rest of his life.
- Dwarkamai: This is not a temple but a mosque. It is at this mosque that Sai Baba is believed to have performed many famous miracles during his lifetimes. In fact Sai Baba temple is also visited by adherent Muslims devotees.
- Chavadi: This is a very small house where Baba used to come for sleep on alternate nights.
- Lendi Garden: This is a small garden where Baba used to visit every day. Here there are many small shrines, but the main feature & must-see attraction is a tiny burning lamp that is placed between two trees. The lamp was lit by Sai Baba himself and has never extinguished ever since. It is again one of those miracles of Sai Baba that can be experienced by his devotees even today.
Overall, the Sai Baba Temple Complex is indeed like a spiritual world where the aura of Sai Baba exudes even to this day and hence lends immense peace & harmony to his devotees.
Accommodation at ShirdiAccommodation at Shirdi can never be a problem at all. There are hordes of lodges, guesthouses and hotels that are located very near to the temple complex. In fact Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, who runs and manages the Sai Baba Temple, itself provides in-house accommodation services to visiting devotees. These accommodation services are located very near to the temple complex.
For further information on size of rooms and rent, please click here
Transport Services to Shirdi Sai Baba Temple from AhmednagarFrom Ahmednagar there are hordes of Govt run S.T buses as well as private buses for Shirdi on everyday basis. The fares of S.T buses are obviously very cheap as compared to the fares of private buses operated by private travel agencies.
Besides, there are 5 trains from Ahmednagar to Shirdi Sai Nagar Station. Out of which 51033/Mumbai CST – Sainagar Shirdi fast passenger train runs on daily basis. The names of other four trains are as follows:
22601/Chennai-Sainagar Shirdi Weekly SF Express
16217/Mysore-Sainagar Shirdi Express
09716/Solapur-Jaipur Weekly Special (via Shirdi)
11002/Pandharpur - Sainagar Shirdi Express (unreserved)