One Day Trip from Ahmednagar
Given below are details of all such famous tourist destinations.
Shirdi Sai Baba TempleThe famous Shirdi Sai Baba Temple located in Shirdi is one of the most sought after religious destinations of India and it is located just 85 kms away from Ahmednagar city. Needless to say, people of Ahmednagar indeed feel very privileged to be residing in the proximity of one of the most sacred religious destinations of India. Following are ways Ahmednagar devotees can reach/visit this famous place.
- If one is traveling via own vehicle, then entire journey can be covered within 2 hours itself. Ahmednagar - Manmad State Highway No.10 connects Ahmednagar to Shirdi.
- There is equally no dearth of Govt run S.T buses and private buses to Shirdi. However, bus takes 30 to 45 minutes more journey time.
- As for trains, there are 5 trains from Ahmednagar to Shirdi. These are 51033/Mumbai CST – Sainagar Shirdi, 22601/Chennai-Sainagar Shirdi, 16217/Mysore-Sainagar Shirdi Express, 09716/Solapur-Jaipur Weekly train and 11002/Pandharpur - Sainagar Shirdi Express (unreserved).
Samadhi of Meher Baba in Meherabad
For people of Ahmednagar Meher Baba doesn’t need any introduction at all. Meher Baba with his selfless and spiritual services during his lifetime had not only touched the souls of Ahmednagar people, but millions of people across the world. Today his Samadhi is located just 40 kms away from Ahmednagar in Meherabad town.
There are many daily S.T buses to Meherabad. One can also hire tourist cars to Meherabad. Ahmednagar to Meherabad journey takes approximately 1 hour.
Besides paying visit to the shrine of Meher Baba, one can witness and do lot more activities here:
- Attend prayers and aarti at Meher Baba’s Samadhi, which happens every day at 7 A.M and 7 P.M
- Visit Meher Baba’s seclusion cabin, located very near to Samadhi. It was at this small cabin that Meher Baba spent most part of his life while practicing 44 years of silence.
- Visit the Meher Baba museum, where all the important personal possessions of Meher Baba have been kept for exhibition.
- Visit Meherabad Hill Library.