Below we’ve provided brief information on these and few other local administrative institutions of Ahmednagar city.
Ahmednagar Municipal Corporation
Ahmednagar Municipal Corporation has the same administrative structure and is entrusted with same functions/ duties as all other municipal corporations in the rest of India. Although this new municipal corporation still hasn’t added any special feather in its cap, but is nonetheless today striving very hard in fulfilling the basic civic needs of Ahmednagar people.
Ahmednagar District Collector
As a district collector, Dr.Sanjeev Kumar is chief administrative and revenue officer of the entire Ahmednagar district. He is duly assisted by qualified team of deputy collectors in his day to day functioning.
Following are the responsibilities and duties of Collector of Ahmednagar. The below mentioned duties and responsibilities are universally on all the district collectors of rest of districts of India.
- Administration of all the revenue matters (property and tax collection) of the concerned district.
- Ensuring and maintenance of law and order.
- Supervision and administration all the municipal councils.
- Administrating the arrangements of all the important elections; such as Grampanchayat, Nagarpalika, Zilla Parishad, Vidhan Sabha and Lok Sabha.
- Ensuring implementation of all government schemes.
Phone: 91-241-2345000 (R).
Parag Building, Opposite Collector Office,
Ahmednagar HO, Ahmednagar – 414001
Phone no: (0241) 2347917.
Timing: 10 AM to 5:30 PM.
Ahmednagar PoliceAhmednagar Police, needless to say, has been exclusively entrusted with the responsibility of maintenance of law and order in entire Ahmednagar city. The Ahmednagar police has already put in place a Local Crime Branch to quell all the criminal activities and elements in the city. Besides, police chowkies have been put in place at all the critically important areas of the city for smooth maintenance of law and order.
Given below are some important helpline no’s of Ahmednagar Police.
- Police Head Quarters: 0241-2416114
- Control Room: (0241) 2416132, 2416138, 2416100
- Local Crime Branch: 0241-2416111
- Kotwali Police Station: (0241) 2416117
- Tophkhana Police Station (0241) 2416118
- Bhingar Police Station (0241) 2416121